Friday, June 13, 2008

Are you at risk?

Yesterday, Zachary was tested for West Nile Virus. He's been sick for almost a week and he isn't getting better. It all started when Ethan and I saw two huge bites on Zac's leg. They looked like spider bites. Later that day he started to get a high fever...around 103. The next day the fever still hadn't gone down so I took him to the doctor. The doctor said the the bites are mosquito bites and he is just sick (not from the bites). Days later he is still getting worse and at this point he wont eat or drink ANYTHING. He had been throwing up so the doctor wanted to see him again to make sure he wasn't dehydrated. We started taking about his symptoms and he said Zac should be tested for West Nile! They had to take blood from his arm. He did so great threw it all. We will not know till Monday if he has it. Today he is so weak that he wont even walk. He is drinking a little. Anyways, the point of this post is to ask everyone to please pray for Zac. Thanks.

9 comments:

Jana said...

Oh, Shannon I am so sorry. We will definitely pray for you. Is there anything we can do to make it easier on you or help out at all?

Shannon Abbott said...

Thanks so much! I think we will be ok. My parents are coming into town today so lucky they will be able to help. But I will let you know.

Mrs.Mayne said...

You are going to have the longest weekend of your life. I am so sorry and we will for sure keep him in our prayers.

Carrie said...

Please let us know how he is doing! I get so worried about sick babies!! How are you doing??

Brooke said...

Oh my shocker! I didn't know that was still a big problem! We will hope and pray for you, please let us know if we can help in any way, even though your parents are here. Poor little Zach, what happens if he does have it?

Shannon Abbott said...

He is doing better today but still not great. If he dose have it hopefully it won't be a bad strain. They can't do much just treat the symptoms.

Marianne said...

Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes well and that he just gets better soon no matter what the results are. We'll keep you guys in our prayers!

{Jason and Elan} said...

Little Zac man is in our prayers too. I hope all goes well today, keep us posted!

Jana said...

Shannon, we'll definitely pray for Zac and we hope he feels better soon. Let us know if you need anything at all...-Clint