Friday, March 28, 2008

Humbled

I was humbled today when I read my friends post. She talked about how important it is for us to remember the simple things in life. I feel like I haven't done that enough the last couple of months. I have been caught up in to much drama that I never want to be a part of. I am the kind of person that needs to experience things to learn from them......maybe that is why God has given me so many trials in my life. I have learned this lesson 6 1/2 years ago when my Grandparents were killed. When I think about them, I don't remember the places we went on vacation or the things they bought me. I remember my Grandmother's smile and my Grandfather's laugh. These things are simple but also the most important. This lesson is the only good thing that has come out of that tragedy and I can not forget that. I also need to be more forgiving. I need to forgive anyone whom has said anything bad about me. I need to forgive the two men that killed my grandparents, this is something I work on every day. I want to enjoy the moments that I have with my family, instead of always worry about paying bills, going to the store, and cleaning. I still have to do those things but I don't want them to consume me. I want to say thank you to that person for helping me. I also want to thank my husband who always keep me grounded and has always been there for me.

2 comments:

{Elyse} said...

Shannon that is so sweet. I really am so glad that my post meant something to you! But I am the same way...I get really caught up in everyday life. I am such a clean freak that it consumes my day...and I need to realize that its ok if the bathroom doesnt get cleaned! All that matters is that I am doing everything I can to be a better Mom, Wife and friend!!

Marianne said...

I really liked Elyse's post too!