Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dear Zac,


The moment I saw you I fell in love. You looked at me and made my heart melt.
Soon, I found out what being a mom was all about. Being patient, selfless, and most of all loving.
In the beginning we had some tuff times. I think you didn't like being a baby. You still made the best if it with you smile, laugh, and cuddling. 
As you grew I had so much fun seeing you personality come out. You have always been very independent.
You have the best eyes. I could stare at them all day.
Your daddy adores you!! From day one you have been a daddy's boy.
When you turned one I could believe how fast the year had passed!
The next year went even faster!!! You cant tell from this picture but you were sooooo much happier! You could do so much more in life and you love trying new things. Along with that you became more stubborn. You get that from your mom and dad.
That summer was such a fun time with you. We did so many new things together. 
Your super funny!
You have the BEST, crazy hair.
You have been in my life just over two years and they have been so amazing! Soon your life is going to be very different and you'll become a big brother. Zac, never forget how special you are to me. We've had so many wonderful experiences together that I will never forget. You are my first baby ........and will alway be my baby no matter how old you get. I LOVE YOU!
-Mom

6 comments:

The Blohms said...

Shannon you are so sweet! I love that you did this. I kinda makes me want to cry. You are beautiful and have such an adorable family. I can't wait to see it grow, and that new baby!

{Jason and Elan} said...

What a sweet post. You are such a cute mom!

Colette Kingsley said...

Shan,
This blog brought tears to my eyes. Zac will always be your first baby and likewise you will always be my last baby who I can't believe has
grown up and has a family of her own!
Love you,
Mom

Sarah said...

Shanny, that brought tears to my eyes too (jewel was playing in the backround). It was a beautiful moment. Isn't it kind of hard to imagine loving another child the way you love your first. It seems impossible. But I don't think it is. I think you just gain more love and your circle of love is even bigger. And that changes you so much, in a beautiful way. I miss you, but i know we are close on a deep, unending level. We are living parallel lives as mothers, just in different places. Know that I am with you in spirit (sounds lame, I know) but seriously. I love you. Enjoy the moment.

Brooke said...

i can't believe how dark his hair was. that was a sweet post, he will be a good big bro!

Marianne said...

Adorable post Shannon! Zac is such a cutie and I LOVE his hair! Good luck with baby #2. Your coming up here quick!