Thursday, March 24, 2011

Family Trip

The drive:
Unlike our last road trip this one was fun. Zac was so happy that we were going to Grandma Kingsley's house. Tyson surprised both Ethan and I on how good he was. The best part of a road trip is all the snack food! 



Disneyland: 
There were so many people at Disneyland! I couldn't believe it! Somehow we still got on a lot of rides and the boy's did great the whole time! THERE WERE NO MELT DOWNS! The weather was 68 the first day we went and 73 the second. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. Zac's favorite rides were Matterhorn Bobsleds and Soarin over California. Tyson liked Casey Jr. Circus Train. Zac got to wear a Birthday button and he loved all the attention he got from it. The last half of the second day I took Tyson to my parents house for a nap and I went back to disneyland. I spent the rest of the day with just Ethan, Zac, and me. We had such a great time we are already planning our next trip.









Zac's Birthday:
We had spent the last two days at Disneyland so we decided to keep Zac's birthday low-key. It was such nice weather!!!! We spent most of the day outside.  We went to the park in the morning, then we played in my parents back yard. Tyson loved the dirt and Zac loved finding bugs. Later we went to a movie and dinner at our favorite mexican food restaurant where they sang to Zac. My mom had an amazing cake made at a local bakery. Zac was so happy to see his name on it!








Beach:
The last day that we were in California we went to the beach. Most of the time I've taken the boy to the beach it was to cold to go in the water so I never bring their swim stuff. This time it was warm but I didn't think ahead and didn't have a change of clothes. Both boys wanted to run into the water and we had a hard time keeping them dry. Zac was trying to find shells with Ethan when a wave hit him hard and he fell in! : ) We had dinner reservations at a restaurant and had no clothes for Zac. Luckily there was a big sale at a local surf shop so we bought some clothes for Zac. I love the beach and it was sad that we had to go home the next day.



1 comment:

Kaybee said...

Looks like a great time! Your boys are getting so big!