Thursday, February 26, 2009

Grateful

I NEVER watch Oprah but yesterday I did. She did a story about "faces of the recession". I'm sure that many of you saw it.  Anyways it really hit home for me. They interviewed a family that was middle class last year and is now living in a homeless shelter.  At first I was quick to judge. I thought they had to make so stupid choices to end up like they were. But when I heard the mom and dad both lost there jobs and couldn't find another one, it made me sad. This is such a reality for so many people. Those poor kids. They are homeless. In America. This story made me feel so grateful for everything thing that I have. Big or small. This is just some of the things that I'm grateful for;
  • For a husband that loves me and sticks with me threw better or worse.
  • Happy healthy kids that I love so much.
  • It's no secret that I not a fan of pregnancy but I'm soooo grateful that I'm able to have children.
  • Having a wonderful and supportive extended family.
  • To have a home. We bought a townhouse when anyone could get a loan. They approved us for much more money than what we decided to buy. I'm so glad that we didn't get in over our heads with a mortgage payment.
  • Having food to eat each and everyday.
  • Being able to spend the first two years of Zac's life at home with him.
  • Ethan leaves the house at 7:30 a.m. and gets home around 7:15 p.m. 5 days a week. Sometimes 6 days a week. Even with the long days he works I'm extremely grateful that he has a job.
  • I'm glad that we have two working cars that are almost payed off.
  • I'm grateful for all the small things in life such as hot water, heat and a/c.
  • Having such great neighbors.
  • With every experience in my life good or bad. I'm so grateful to have had them because it makes me who I am today.
  • Last but not least I'm very grateful for having a belief in God and being able to apply that everyday in my life.

1 comment:

The Blohms said...

It is such a sad time. Austen goes out of town a lot, and I complain but really I am so glad he has a job. It good to take a step back and look at everything you have.